Wake up one morning and the windows task manager is greyed out.
Ctrl + Alt + Del won't work. Oh God, do i have to reformat?
Definitely not. There is a way to re enable it.
In windows XP professional, vista and windows 7
1. Click run in the start menu (or windows key + R) and
2. type gpedit.msc, then click on OK
3. Select user configuration
4. Then select Administrative templates
5. Select System
6. select Ctrl + Alt + Delete options
7. Double click on the remove task manager option
8. Set the value to disabled by clicking the check box
this should solve the problem. once the problem is solved, update
your antivirus and spyware removal tools and run a full system
scan to remove the culprit
You can also use another method in doing this